When a couple has a child, it is a big occasion in the family to enjoy. After having a baby, their life changes totally. A child fetches them happiness, surprise, and pleasure. Each and every parent wants that their child gets the best and safest things to use deprived of any kind of bacteria or germs.
As we all know, babies are chiefly susceptible to diseases and immune systems of them are not so strong to resist contagious infections. Therefore, the maximum number of parents spends their money in buying a perfect bottle sterilizer in order to get help in reducing the chances of bacterial infection.
Sterilization is the finest technique to certify that the bottles are hygienic and germs-free. However, it becomes quite difficult for a parent to choose the best sterilizer for their baby. Therefore, to overcome this issue, we have provided some bottle sterilizer reviews that can assist in selecting the best product.
1. Short Product Review of Baby Bottle Sterilizer on the Basis of Price
1.1 Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
The Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is a compact and multipurpose steam sterilizer which many parents like to use. This product is also known as “3 in 1” due to its modifiable size features. It is quite easy to use this sterilizer. You just need to push the add water switch and hold for the six-minute phase to finish. It basically comprises of 3 units i.e. the shield, the big section and the small section. You may simply wipe it off with a wet cloth.
- It takes only six minutes to complete the whole procedure of sterilizing bottle.
- This product is quite effective as it can kill around 99.9% of microorganisms and germs.
- It is a user-friendly product as the user just need to press a single button and wait for the process to end.
- Owing to the big size, this sterilizer can hold up to six bottles at one single time.
- It may sterilize both types of bottles i.e. wide or narrow.
- As it comes in the compact size, you do not need any additional space to store it.
- The main disadvantage of this product is that it is quite difficult to fit tall bottles in the sterilizer.
- It does not provide an option of drying the bottles.
- You have to descale the sterilizer once in four weeks period of time with the solution of vinegar and cold water.
1.2 Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer
The Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer is a truly an advanced product that assures to eradicate 99.9% of all microorganisms in just five minutes. One of the best features of it is that there is a tray on the top where you may keep your essential things of the baby. You may fit the bottles of any size in this sterilizer and may continue using it even when your baby becomes a toddler.
- The size of the sterilizer is quite large that enables the fitting of six bottles of any brand.
- There is a flexible cover on the product that can be turned over to double for creating a sterile preparation space.
- When you disinfect bottle in this, no residue of detergent is left over.
- It is quite easy to clean and descale this sterilizer.
- If you keep the bottle under the lid of this product, it will remain to sterilize for the next 24 hours.
- You will still require washing the bottles before starting the sterilization process.
- This sterilizer does not support the feature of bottles drying.
1.3 Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer Plus VersionSummary
The Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer plus Version is the best product that is available in the market with all the necessary features in it. There are so many parents who have complaints regarding the wetting of bottles after sterilization. This sterilizer possesses an integral dryer along with the recent “Plus Version”. In this, you may select the time for drying up the bottles (i.e. 30-60 minutes) as per your requirement.
- There is a dryer in this sterilizer that allows more sterilization of the bottle in a very convenient manner.
- It is quite stress-free to use this product as you just need to add the water and push the button to begin the whole process.
- You may fit eight bottles of any brand in this sterilizer due to its large size.
- You will also find a countdown clock feature.
- There is no requirement of manually descaling the sterilizer because of an automatic descale function.
- The price of this electric steam sterilizer is quite costly as compared to the other sterilizers that are without drying feature.
1.4 Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer
A Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer is one of the fastest and comprehensible sterilizers. In this, you can sterilize four bottles of 8oz at the single point of time. You may use any bottle brand in it as this product is compatible with all available brands. The lid of the sterilizer is quite good and tight so that the steams remain inside and the microorganisms stay outside.
- This is one of the extremely fast m microwave steam sterilizer that requires only two minutes to complete the process.
- There are clear as well as brief guidelines are provided with the product to the buyer.
- The long bottles having the capacity of 280 ml or less can be easily fitted into the sterilizer.
- There are lockable staples which certify that the bottles stay sterilized for around twenty-four hours.
- It is quite bulky in size and may take up the space of around twelve slanted plates.
- It is also not a portable product that can easily fit up in smaller size microwaves.
1.5 The First Years Simple Steam Microwave Sterilizer, Blue/WhiteSummary
The First Years Simple Steam Microwave Sterilizer is manufactured from the BPA-free plastic material. It basically consists of a base along with a locked cover which can hold the things that need to be sterilized. The sterilizer can hold four bottles along with extra small items like pacifiers. You may easily fit it in the standard sized microwaves. It also meets all the child safety standards.
- This sterilizer has a steam outlet that effectively sanitizes the bottles.
- It takes very less time to sterilize the bottles in this sterilizer.
- The lid of this product can be locked in order to provide complete safety to the user.
- This microwave steam sterilizer can hold 4 bottles of 5oz capacity and two long bottles on the side of it.
- It is also washable in the dishwasher after the sterilization process.Cons
- The main disadvantage of this sterilizer is that it is built for short size bottles. It means when your baby grows up, you can sterilize around one or two bottles of 9oz capacity.
- The size of the product is quite small as well as compact which do not allow tall size bottles sterilization.
2. When Is It Important To Sterilize The Baby Bottle?
The sterilization of the bottle of a baby is most significant in the initial years of life when they are most susceptible to infectious diseases. When you do sterilization of the bottles, it helps in getting rid of any unknown bacteria or germs that might cause a health issue to the infant. Therefore, it becomes quite necessary that you buy a good baby bottle sterilizer. However, after attaining the age of one, the importance of sterilization also reduces as baby does not only rely on the bottle to drink anything.
3. What can happen if the bottle isn’t sterile?
If the bottle is not sterile properly, then you may invite several harmful germs and bacteria into it. The different parts of the bottle which a baby puts into his/her mouth needs to be disinfected correctly as these are the places where dangerous bacteria grow up very easily. Hence, these areas require to be cleaned and wash accurately.
The unsterilized bottle may result in a number of allergies and infections to the babies like spots, marks, and irritation on the tongue and the gums. In some cases, it may cause diarrhea, dehydration or soreness in the mouth of the infants. There are so many children in the world that die due to the lack of medical facilities and awareness. Therefore, it is better to sterilize a bottle in order to avoid the occurrence of any hazardous diseases.
4. Types of Baby Bottle Sterilizers
The different types of baby bottle sterilizers are as follows:
Electric Bottle Sterilizer
An electric bottle sterilizer utilizes steam to eradicate microorganisms and bacteria from the bottles of the baby. There are so many electric bottle sterilizers available in the market, and you may choose it according to your budget. Some of them possess features of drying and deodorizing also. You just have to put the bottles inside the sterilizer and press the button to begin the process.
Microwave Bottle Sterilizer
It is also similar to electric sterilizers, i.e. it uses excess steam to eliminate bacteria and microbes. You have to put the bottles in the sterilizer along with the small quantity of water and begin the process. However, there is no drying-out or deodorizing option available in these. The price of this sterilizer is also low as compare to the other types.
UV Bottle Sterilizer
It is also known as portable bottle sterilizer. This is the new method that is becoming quite popular among the buyers. It is quite beneficial if you are traveling to some place. It mainly uses the ultraviolet light to kill any kind of germs or microbes. These sterilizers are compact as well as quite lightweight to carry with you. You can easily dismantle this bottle and sterilize its each part individually if required.
5. Different Ways to Sterilize a Baby Bottle
Besides the above methods of sterilizing, there are numerous ways to sterilize a baby’s bottle. Some of them are as follows:
- With the help of electric steam, you may sterilize the baby’s bottle. It is one of the rapid and effective ways that takes only 8 to 12 minutes only. You may also keep the bottles inside it for around six hours with the closed lid.
- The next way to sterilize the bottle is in the microwave. It takes only ninety minutes to complete the whole sterilization procedure. The one significant thing that needs to be remembered while using this method is that the bottles must be kept unsealed inside the microwave in order to avoid any formation of pressure inside.
- You may also use steamers in the microwaves, but without putting nay metallic material inside it. These steamers require around 3 minutes to 8 minutes for sterilization (including the cooling time). The time took also depends on the model and wattage of the microwave.
- If the baby's bottles are appropriate for the boiling, then you may sterilize them utilizing the boiling method. You just require a big saucepan with a cover, rather new. Always remember that do not use this saucepan for anything else except for sterilizing the baby's nursing equipment. It takes only ten minutes to sterilize the bottle under this method.
- The cold water sterilizers or chemical sterilization is one of the least effective ways of sterilization. However, certain hospitals utilize this method to sterilize the bottles of babies. In this, sterilizing pills or a special fluid is mixed with the cold water in the tank of the sterilizer. The fluid comprises of a kind of diluted blanch. The bottles are then entirely submerged in the solution. It mainly takes around thirty minutes to complete the whole procedure. After the sterilization, the bottles must be rinsed properly to ensure that no chemical left behind in the bottle as it may be very harmful to the baby.
A sterilization of the bottles of the baby is one of the significant things that need to be done on the daily basis by the parents. When the baby is less than the age of one, his/her immune system is not so strong to fight against any infectious diseases. At this age, they more rely on bottles to get their complete feed. Therefore, a bottle requires being sterilized properly with the help of a sterilizer. Parents always worry about using and providing the best product for their baby. However, it becomes very difficult for them to find the best bottle sterilizer as so many different brands is available in the market. Hence, the above bottle sterilizer reviews to assist you in making the best choice so that you do not regret your decision in the future.
If you missed my post, get caught up below: